There are approximately 1600 business schools in India offering full time 2 years MBA programs. The students opting for Management degree are a mix of professionals with significant work experience and fresh graduates without any work experience. Admission to business schools require passing either CAT, CET, XAT, GMAT, JMET, MAT or other entrance exams.
Most people who complete the their MBA / PGDM in India are working in the corporate world or have their own start up. Management Graduates are in good demand in various sectors such as IT, Telecom, Banking and Finance. While most of the MBA’s in IT and Telecom sector work as Business Analyst, in Banking sector there are various roles that an MBA performs.
There are many job opening at all levels i.e. entry level, middle level and senior level.
Some of the major roles and skills played by MBA in Banking sector are listed below –
Credit Analyst – This is Junior level job which requires minimum 1 year experience and MBA degree is preferred.
• Credit reviewing & assessing borrowers by examining various financial reports/documents to ensure eligibility & compliance with standards.
• Determining & documenting underwriting conditions, credit risks, mitigating factors, and communicating requirements and/or decisions.
• Assessing documentation for soundness & accuracy.
• Working closely with Sales & Operations, ensuring smooth & quick disbursal.
• Continuous monitoring and follow-up for assessing ongoing credit quality to avoid delinquency and informing the borrowers to regularise the A/cs.
• Assessment of Corporate with the study of financial statements for addition into the relevant category of lending.
• Reporting & publishing several MIS reports to National/Business Head.
• Resolving customer issues through co-ordination with Sales, Operations, Collections & Product departments.
• Providing recommendations/inputs/feedback for continuous improvement in product and policies.
• Imparting training to credit processing agency personnel, sourcing channels, FI agencies and monitoring their activities on a regular interval.
Wealth Manager – This is Junior / Middle level job which requires 2 – 6 year experience and MBA degree is preferred.
• Handling the Wealth Business and Building and deepening the relationships with existing Wealth Customers to achieve increase in share of wallet and revenues.
• Activating & enhancing the wealth portfolio of the client by providing Portfolio Management Services.
• Accumulating complete knowledge of the customer base in terms of the profile, demographics & psychographic and assets in the Bank and in other places.
• Providing complete Banking Solution to the HNI clients.
Branch Manager – This is a middle level which requires around 4 years of experience along with MBA qualification.
• Responsible for branch operations and should be well versed with receipts & payments of retail & bulk cash.
• Should maintaining records as per audit requirements and should be well versed with KYC guidelines.
• Branch Manager should be efficient in handling RTGS and NEFT transactions.
• He should be familiar with all areas of branch banking operations, control & regulations.
• Sometimes Branch Manager may handle customer and giving solution to their queries.
• He is a single point of contact for all corporate having salary upload relationship.
• Building and maintaining healthy business relation with major clients.
• Exploring potential business avenues to penetrate new accounts.
Other Jobs in Banks for MBA include Business Development, Relationship Management, Key Account Management and HR Manager.
Aditi writes on behalf of various career portals in India. She writes on topics like bank exams india, latest government exams and improving work concentration.
Govt Job In India, Job In India, Government Job In India, Job Websites In India, Gov Job In India, Job Opportunities In India, Goverment Job In India, Latest…