A bank branch manager is responsible for smooth working of a division of the banking institution, operating locally.
Branch manager should be a proactive leader and planner with expertise in strategic business planning, market plan execution, staffing and targeted marketing with proven ability to achieve the pre-set sales & profitability targets. He should have the ability to support and sustain a positive work environment that fosters team performance with strong communication and relationship management skills. Their responsibility is to Head the local Office & coordinate with senior management including Head Office properly. Other responsibility may include managing a team of Sales Executives, Probationary Officers, Credit Analyst and other Office Staff. The branch manager majorly responsible for the profitability, achieving sales and revenue generation. Therefore he has to monitor monthly, quarterly & yearly business targets through required relationship management.
Some of the duties and responsibities of branch managers are as follows:-
• Setting a process which will drive the sales & business development of the branch.
• Developing & implementing plans for various alternate channels to improve the performance of the team.
• Effective co-ordination between sales team & clients to carry out all the activities in smooth manner.
• Analysing latest marketing trends and tracking competitors’ activities and providing valuable inputs for fine tuning sales & marketing strategies.
• Plan and carry out sales activities to achieve numbers and value targets of Banking and Financial Products
• Working as an effective Leader for fulfilling business objective and achieve assigned targets.
• Attending enquiries to utmost satisfaction of prospect to optimize sales chances.
• Strategize the business target and ensure a healthy relation between bank and customers.
Some of the quafication required for Branch Manager are as follows:-
• PG in Management with good experience in managerial position.
• Should have extra ordinary Leadership and Marketing skills
• Branch Managers should also possess strong interpersonal qualities and organisational abilities.
• Candidate should have very good knowledge of the Banking Industry & Financial Markets.
Branch Manager should be from Banking or Insurance sector, should posses good communication and team management. He should have experience in sales and credit management. Banks prefer managers with good computer knowledge and NCFM certification.
Nitin Gurmukhani writes on behalf of various career portals in India. He writes on topics like bank jobs in India, latest government exams and improving work concentration.
Find More Cna Job Duties Responsibilities Articles