If the writers know something is true is that freelance writing opportunities decent wage are hard to find. Even if you can make an article of 5-10 minutes will not get rich on $ 1.00 an article.
One of the main current market for paid freelance writing is the Internet. In practice, all the paper work online, the contents of the website, promotional items for any text that you see on the Internet are freelance writers. It could be one of them, and paid to write online!
Earning money with freelance writing opportunities on the World Wide Web does not require literacy skills, competence or experience of writing. As long as you can write in plain language, clear and simple English in the sixth to ninth grade level, you can make a living writing online. Projects are offered in specialized sites where freelancers, programmers, etc, and contractors seeking to do the work will publish their offers and negotiate contracts. Usually it is a deposit made at the front and the rest on delivery and approval.
How can you really make a decent living with paid freelance writing? What you are about to find are 6 things that every writer should know if they want to “make it big”.
1. Write well. If you have a strong portfolio, you will be much more likely to attract the attention of “employers” when you apply for higher paid freelance writing opportunities.
2. Market yourself. It is WELL WORTH the effort or money spent to create an attractive website highlighting your best work. You are selling a service – and the more attractive and professional the service is the better!
3. Don’t fall for job offers from websites that are not legit.
Do your homework. You will not be happy to discover that a particular website for whom you worked all week has suddenly disappeared, won’t respond to your emails, or simply does not pay you.
4. Remember that time is money. Surfing the internet for paid freelance writing jobs, for research, or for those “high paying” hidden gems, can be the biggest waste of your time!
5. There are many different kinds of writing jobs. Often writers only think about articles, novels and non-fiction as writing that pays, but there are MANY other writing jobs advertised online. Food-writing, short-stories, copy-writing, technical writing… just to name a few.
6. Write what you know. The BEST jobs for you to bid on or accept are on topics about which you already know a lot of information.
Freelance writing jobs are excellent for the part-time worker, or for full-time writers. It can be both lucrative and exciting, but only IF you can find the highly paid freelance writing gigs. And unfortunately, this is tough to do!
The Freelance Writer’s Guides site offers tips and markets for freelance writers seeking writing jobs online. Find high paying markets with trade publications and custom publishers. This is an excellent resource for freelance writing jobs.